Step 1 in DIY Reusable Food Wraps using Pinon Pine Resin
So if you are reading this tutorial you are probably looking for alternatives to plastic wraps you buy in the store. Why consider making your own reusable food wraps?
Why should I use reusable food wraps?
- Reusable food wrap is a better for you! By making your own food wraps you eliminate the possibility of harmful plastics coming in contact with your food. You choose Organic!
- They can be washed and reused many times so less plastic goes into the trash.
- It's healthier for you to use reusable food wraps because they are made with Organic Pinon Pine resin which is antimicrobial, antibacterial and antiseptic. Less opportunities for food contamination and spoilage to occur.
- You'll Save Money! If you make your own reusable food wraps instead of purchasing commercial wraps your family can save money for the things that really matter.
- It's an opportunity to learn! Learn by reading and watching our videos or other tutorials and share your knowledge with others. "Tell Me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." Benjamin Franklin
Recipe for Reusable Food Wraps
1 cup bees wax
2 oz Organic Pinon Pine Resin from Jenny Joy's Soap
2 Tablespoon Johoba oil
8-4x4" square fabric cotton or muslin also heard PUL fabric works but haven't tried it yet.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Blend all ingredients in a Bain Marie (double boiler) and brush on with wooden paint brush. Bake at 225 degrees. Remove from oven and blot off excess. Turn fabric over and repeat process. Insert into the oven for 1-2 minutes longer. Remove and hang up to air dry. Your fingers will be sticky while doing this project. Simply rub a little olive oil into your hands and enjoy the moisturizing benefits of the resin.
When ready to use, place the food wrap over the container and mold to the shape of it. The warmth of your hands helps it to cling. Wash with mild soap and warm water, do not use hot water. Air dry. Using reusable food wraps saves money and eliminates the harmful affects of plastic wraps. Pinon Pine Resin is naturally antibacterial, antifungal, antiseptic, antimicrobial which makes it great for use in contact with food. The resin also acts as a tactifier "adheres" to objects. It has long been used to make medicinal salves, incense, waterproofing for baskets and creams to enhance leather.
Where to buy the ingredients. Organic Pinon Pine Resin in 2 oz from our website at www.jennyjoyssoap.com or on Amazon
Organic Pinon (Pinyon) Pine Refined Resin Incense & Aromatherapy from Arizona 2 oz. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F6EHKJS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_ml2rzbSCT6N41